Wednesday 7 October 2015

Day in Shoreditch, Spitalfields, Brick Lane

 
 
 
 

 

You come across a lot of interesting things when you explore around Brick Lane. Starting off at Shoreditch High street, you instantly notice all the graffiti art. I personally really like it, it makes the place seem more colourful and intriguing to walk around. It makes a wall, something. 

I noticed a gate full of padlocks, I've seen this quite a lot around London and other Foreign countries I've been to. Placing a lock on the gate, with someone's name on it. Representing Love.

First stop was Spitalfields Market, which is always nice to walk around. Bars are quite contemporary there and Arty, some are vans, one was a Bird cage. And one had a bath full of rubber ducks. Instead of focusing on the stalls in the market, I decided to look at the building itself, sketching the structure and windows.

While walking towards a place I've always wanted to see, a café with cats. From what at first I thought was a dead bird on the gate, big clumps of somewhat hairy substance dotted amongst the gates of a basketball court. With 'If we spit together, we can drown the bastards' in the distance of the rooftops.

No comments:

Post a Comment